A garlicky and hearty broth bowl filled with plenty of bright veggies and ancient grains designed to fill you up and shore up that immune system.
This is my first full length video, inspired by my friends over at Styled Settings! We wanted to highlight their beautiful, colorful utensils AND give you a tasty, healthy recipe. I’m using the 16 pc white and gold nylon set in this video, here is a link to that, and more colors:
Immunity-Boosting Broth Bowl
Total time: 1 1/2 hours
32 oz miso broth
64 oz water
2 heads garlic, slightly crushed
sprig of fresh thyme
sprig of fresh sage
Salt + pepper to taste
~2 T. olive oil for the pan
2 leaves of kale
1 c. cooked quinoa
1 c. cooked farro
handful (or 1 large bunch) oyster mushrooms
1/2 bunch of broccolini
1/2 c. julienned or matchstick carrots
1/2 c. cooked edamame beans
1. In a large saucepan, bring miso broth, water, garlic, onion and fresh herbs to a boil. Reduce to a high simmer and cover. Cook for 1 hour. Remove cover and continue to cook for 30 more minutes. Strain. Salt + pepper to taste.
2. While broth is cooking, cook quinoa + farro according to respective packages. Set aside.
3. Chop kale, mushrooms and broccolini.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sautée all veggies until hot, but still bright green and crispy. Salt + pepper to taste.
4. In a serving bowl, place 1/2 c. of farro and 1/2 c. of quinoa in the bottom. Layer half of the veggies. Ladle broth over everything. Serve hot!
Optional: Top with grilled chicken for a tasty, protein-packed meal!
Styled Settings creates beautiful and stand-out designer kitchen tools to add a pop of color to your cooking and serving.
[…] may have seen my Immunity-Boosting Broth Bowl recipe or my Healthy Harvest Muffins. Click here for more tasty, healthy recipes the whole family […]